Acronis Backup enables you to back up the Mailbox server role of Microsoft Exchange Server. Mailbox servers host mailboxes and public folders
Supported operating systems
Agent for Exchange can be installed in the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2003/2003 R2 – Standard and Enterprise editions (x86, x64) Windows
- Small Business Server 2003/2003 R2
- Windows Server 2008 – Standard, Enterprise, and Datacenter editions (x86, x64)
- Windows Small Business Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2 – Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter, and Foundation editions
- Windows Small Business Server 2011 – all editions
- Windows Server 2012/2012 R2 – Standard and Datacenter editions
- Windows Server 2016 – all installation options, except for Nano Server
Supported Microsoft Exchange Server versions
Agent for Exchange supports the following versions of Microsoft Exchange Server:
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 – all editions. Limitation: Mailbox backups are not supported.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 – all editions, Cumulative Update 1 (CU1) and later.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010 – all editions, all service packs.
The Messaging API Client and Collaboration Data Objects (version 1.2.1) package must be installed. To download and install this package, visit http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36771.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 – all editions, SP2 or later. Hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908072 must be installed.
Note It is important to keep your Exchange servers up-to-date. This ensures the best performance, integrity and security for all Exchange services and data.
Getting started with Agent for Exchange
The following steps will guide you through the installation and basic use of Acronis Backup in simple Exchange organizations
- The machine is running one of the supported Microsoft Exchange Server versions
- You have a license that enables installation of Agent for Exchange
- Setup program for Acronis Backup Advanced is downloaded:
From Acronis Data Cloud go to Devices/ Add devices / Microsoft Exchange Server
- Log on to the machine as a domain administrator and start the setup program.
- Click Install Acronis Backup. Accept the terms of the license agreement.
- Select the Back up this machine’s data check box, and on the next page ensure that the Microsoft Exchange Server check box is selected.
- When prompted for licenses, select I purchased a license or a subscription.
- Type in your license key or import it from a file.
- Ensure that the proper license is selected, and then click Next.
- Leave the default I will register the component(s) later setting.
- Choose whether the machine will participate in the Acronis Customer Experience Program (CEP).
- Proceed with the installation.