Joining the VMware Cloud on AWS service is not like deploying vCenter or other VMware products. Because VMware Cloud on AWS is a managed service operated by VMware, you need on onboard to the service and create what we call an Organization which is the key tenant construct within VMware Cloud on AWS.
In the video below you can see the process from beginning to end.
As you can see in the video, the process of joining the VMware Cloud on AWS service has a couple of key steps.
- Accepting your VMware Cloud on AWS invitation. When you onboard to VMware Cloud on AWS, you will receive an email with a link inviting you to join the service.
- Once you accept the invite, you will be required to login to your VMware account. This is the same account you use to login to myvmware.com.
- The next step is to accept the terms of service which allows you to create your Organization.
- The system will create the organization for you and then show you the VMware Cloud on AWS console.
- Finally, you will want to create your first Software Defined Datacenter (SDDC). Once this completes, you can then login to vCenter and use VMware Cloud on AWS.