vFORUM Online 2018 Keynote was delivered by VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger.
Here are some highlighted points:
– The slogan of this year: “any application, any cloud, any device”
– Encourage customers to continue using and implementing vSAN for it’s simplicity / Automation / Storage complexity disappear / hyper-converged /
– Embrace Public cloud. Mentioned the new partnership with AWS (For more information – here) – Extend to Edge / Branch, connecting in a secure manner.
– SDDWan – New acquisition Take advantage of internet / intelligent routing / cost efficiency /QoS improvement / (More information here )
– New! Workspace ONE Intelligence. A powerful set of capabilities that will enhance and extend the Workspace ONE platform by enabling data-based decisions and actions from a single source of truth. More info here
– VMware Cloud strategy and Vision
1- Developer ready infrastructure: The bridge between tomorrow app and today’s app.
Developer-ready infrastructure is the concept of providing a common infrastructure for both the business and application development. It provides enterprises with secure, software-driven compute, storage, and networking with operational tooling optimized for containerized workloads and microservices. It reduces manual infrastructure processes, and helps developers focus on building and delivering cloud-native applications.
More info: https://blogs.vmware.com/networkvirtualization/2017/04/developer-ready-infrastructure-nsx-and-pivotal-cloud-foundry.html/
2 – Today’s target: TELCO. Objective to virtualise network in order to have common infrastructure and software
3- Intrinsic security. Simplified and consolidate. Intrinsic security to data centers and across all clouds through policy-based automation and management that simplifies while it protects using NSX