VMware recently released a new version of VMware Cloud Provider Lifecycle Manager. For those unfamiliar with this product, we can say that it provides a comprehensive solution to implement, update, configure and manage VMware Cloud Provider products in an automated way from one place.
VMware Cloud Provider Lifecycle Manager provides REST APIs to facilitate tasks for VMware Cloud Provider products, but If you are a GUI person you will need to get familiar with REST APIs because there is no user interface!
VMware Cloud Provider Lifecycle Manager requires a definition of the REST API request as well as the product binaries to deploy and maintain VMware Cloud Provider products, such as:
- VMware Cloud Director
- Usage Meter
- vRealize Operations Tenant App
- RabbitMQ (To obtain the OVA for RAbbitMQ, go to https://bitnami.com/stack/rabbitmq)
For more information, please refer to VMware Product Interoperability Matrix
What’s new in version 1.2?
VMware Cloud Director Lifecycle Manager 1.2 includes the following:
- Simplified deployment. You can deploy VMware Cloud Provider Lifecycle Manager 1.2 as a virtual appliance. OVA File: VMware-Cloud-Provider-Lifecycle-Manager-1.2.0-18842035.ova
- Added CLI capabilities. In addition to the API, you can deploy, upgrade, and configure products by using command-line interface (CLI). For information, visit Using the VMware Cloud Provider Lifecycle Manager Command-Line Interface.
- VAMI web interface. The virtual appliance management interface (VAMI) is a web-based management interface to perform basic administrative tasks for the appliance configuration
Postman Collection API calls available here: Link Github
We hope this post is useful. If you want more information, send us your comment using the button below.