During the latest Microsoft Ignite event celebrated on March 4th 2021 there were many announcements covering multiple products, one of them is Windows Server 2022.
Windows Server 2022, now available in preview, enables customers to run existing and new business-critical applications with confidence on Azure, on-premises and at the edge.
- Advanced multilayer security
- Hybrid capabilities with Azure and a flexible application platform.
- Secured-core capabilities to secure systems that would run workloads on Windows Server 2022. Secured-core server builds on technologies such as Windows Defender System Guard and Virtualization-based Security to minimize risk from firmware vulnerabilities and advanced malware.
- The new release also provides secured connectivity by introducing several new capabilities such as faster and more secure encrypted HTTPS connections and industry standard SMB AES 256 encryption.
- Windows Server 2022 improves hybrid server management and has an enhanced event viewer and many more new capabilities in Windows Admin Center.
- Includes improvements to Windows containers, such as smaller image size for faster download, simplified network policy implementation and containerization tools for .NET applications.